~ Not because I wasn't born during war or post a battle victory.
~ Not because my parents came from a hippie culture and generation that came ten years too late to the North East.
|Right is the Daddyster!|
|My mom was a pothead!|
~ Not because my name wasn't even remotely thought of as courtesy to Sir William Makepeace Thackeray.
~ Not because my name came from a TV sitcom
~ Not because my parents thought the female detective's character, Makepeace (surname) was cool (Just like in the 90's & in my tweens, I thought Buffy was cool! Thank God, I didn't have a baby then).
~ Not because my name comes from a very old lineage of the English surname.
~ Not because my name has been murdered on more than several occasions that I sometimes almost wish that I was called Jo and alternately, Yo!
- Make piece
- Make peace (who the fuck gave the space in between in the first place?)
- Cake piece
- Mouth piece
- Make believe
- Make love
- Make war
~ Not at all because I get such results when I google my name (without the space, you genius!)
- A non profit by my name - http://www.makepeace.org/. Shouldn't I be their rightful brand ambassador?
- An island by my name - http://makepeaceisland.com/. They charge some 8000 dollars per night as rent. Part of it should come to me as royalty at least. Also, it is heart shaped & that definitely says something about me.
- A band called The Makepeace Brothers, who play roots based rock.
- http://www.makepeacetotalpackage.com/ (url name says it all!)
~ Especially because people presume I'd be soft spoken owing to my name.
...only because I do as and when I feel like and don't always make it apparent!
Disclaimer: No, I'm not obssessed with my name. People are always very intrigued by it just like I am with the Parsi surname Sodabottleopenerwala. This post is just to put their queries and sometimes, wild imaginations to rest.
|At Last: Dempsey & Makepeace in real life hooked up & got hitched & remain so till today. Yes, you Bones/Castle fans can be optimistic after all!|